Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly


This blog has been a way for me to Journal about the happenings in our family so I can look back in years to come and remember these events and the way the lord has worked in our lives. I just don't want to share the fun things but everything. The Good the Bad and the Ugly. I think we have hit one of the Ugly seasons of my life. It has been pretty rough but through it we have seen God really at Work and I do not want to lose sight of that. Many of you know that last April we discovered that I have some form of a muscle disease. They are still unsure which one and I will be visiting UCLA to go through further testing and investigation. This has changed our way of life and it has been a real adjustment mentally and physically. In the last week we have learned that my oldest blessing is having some heart issues. He has had a few episodes where he feels pain in his chest and feels like his heart is thumping all over the place. We decided to take our boys to get an EKG done and our oldest Noah's came out abnormal. Within the last week we have been to the ER and he has gone through lots of tests, we have fought with insurance, and are still going through testing. Jason and I feel deep in our hearts that he has what his momma has(complete heart block) and whatever muscle disease they think I have. This has rocked my world and I'm struggling to come up for air. It is hard to see your almost nine year old in fear and full of sadness because the doctors do not want him to run or do activity until they know for certain what is going on in his heart. We have had some sweet discussions and he knows the Lord is using this for his Glory but he is still sad and scared and so is this Momma. Our life is full of doctors appointments and running from one place to the next and we all long for it to be over. I have learned though that it is not in my time but the Lords and if we lean on him, have trust and be patient he will show his goodness in ways we could have never imagined. Please lord allow my eyes to be open to see your goodness in the mist of this storm and to walk in obedience and be willing to be used by you. Please pray for our family and stay tuned for how the Lord will use this in our lives. We are weak but he is strong.

4 comments:

  1. Mel, I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Please tell Noah that the Koontz family loves him very much and that we are praying for him. Is it OK if we share this prayer request with the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody,

    That is all so scary - I am truly sorry - you already have such an amazing outlook and are teaching your Kids so much through how you are dealing with these trials and seekIng to glorify God.

    Lifting up your family!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Melody and Jason -
    I am so very sorry to hear this. As hard as some things in life can be, the most difficult things are those that impact our children. I will be praying for you both, and for the kids. Praying for the health of each of you and for you to feel God beside you in every difficult moment. I pray for the wisdom of your doctors and medical team, and for thoughtful and compassionate care.

    On a practical level - please let me know how I can help. I would love to make meals (or gift cards for meals out if that is easier?) as well as anything that would help to lighten your load.

    much love, and many prayers -
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Melody! I am so sorry for all you are going through. SO thankful God is holding you tight or you would crumble under the weight of it all. I am thankful to know what to be praying for and please know everything He already knew and already knows the outcome~ Trust and He will carry you through! Blessings and love sweet friend! XO

    ReplyDelete