Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pacemaker Surgery

I wanted to give you all an update on what's going on with my (Melody) heart.  Last week I saw a new Cardiac Electrophysiologist(heart doctor that studies the electrical part of your heart).  Dr. Chang highly recommended I see him, and even though this doctor is in San Diego I of coarse listened.  The doctors name is Dr. Perry and I have to say that he exceeded our expectations.  When Dr. Perry walked in we could tell that he had taken the time to study my file.  He had notes all over the file and told us that he had a long conversation with Dr. Chang.  He was very personable and I felt comfortable right away.  He seemed to care about everything that was going on with my body and not just the heart.     He checked my pacemaker and battery and we decided together that we would do the pacemaker surgery in December.  It needs to be done within the next six months and will be nice to get one thing scratched off our many medical future procedures.  I will have this done on December 3 in San Diego.  I will hopefully be able to come home the same day.  Since I'm fully dependent on my pacemaker it is a bit more tricky as they have to hook up a temporary pacemaker while they do the switch out.

Dr. Perry also discussed with us that in the future I will need to have a more invasive risky procedure done.  They will have to do a two lead extraction.  There are not too many doctors that do this.  He is not one of them but he will recommend someone who is very skilled in this procedure.  It is important to do it because right now I have four lead wires in me. Two that are non functioning and they need to bring in another functioning lead.  I know it's all very confusing. Basically I have too many wires Ha! :)

 I'm thankful for all of this technology and for great doctors who take the time to really care for their patients well.  Please continue to lift us all up in your prayers as we navigate through all these medical issues.  We are so thankful for all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Patients with slow heartbeats or blocked electrical conduction of the heart go to the best doctor for pacemaker implant in India for their treatment. He is very famous surgeon in India
    Best doctor for Pacemaker surgery in Indore

    ReplyDelete

  2. Welcome to Novena Heart Centre, Know about HEART ATTACK - symptoms disease, treatment. Novena Heart is national heart center and available Cardiologist Singapore.

    ReplyDelete