Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Friday, October 14, 2016

New Friends

I have been praying recently that the Lord would bring another family into our lives that is walking with Muscular dystrophy.  Someone that could encourage us and vice versa.  Well God recently answered this prayer in a beautiful way.  On Sunday a friend came up to me and began to tell me about a college friend she reconnected with on FB.  She said the family was so similar to ours that she couldn't believe it.  This family had two boys and a girl all similar ages but get this the two older boys have a rare form of MD and the oldest boy just had a heart transplant.  I was stunned and soaking up every word she was telling me eager for more info.  I asked her to send me their blog.  An hour later I was reading about this amazing family.  We have all the same doctors, they are believers, and a homeschool family.  I emailed them right away giving a little information about our family and this started a chain of emails and texts which led to a wonderful meeting yesterday.


I was eager to meet this family soon and so surprised when Jill the mom invited us over this week.  Ian there oldest had just had his heart transplant 3 weeks prior.  I was nervous of germs so only Noah and I went.  They were having a special guest  " Dean Johnson" who is apart of Victory4Youth.  Dean Johnson had heard about Ian's story and wanted to come meet him.  If you remember Power House teams back in the day thats similar to what Dean is apart of.  He ripped phone books in half for us and  bent frying pans, and shared his testimony.  It was an encouraging afternoon.  Ian is an incredible 14 year old who is allowing the Lord to use him how he sees fit.  One of the most encouraging moments for me was when Ian told us all that he told Jesus no matter what he throws at him he made up his mind to smile at it.  He also told us that when he was in heart failure the Lord met him in the comfort of a warm blanket and other ways.  Incredible perspective at only 14.  I really loved this family and I'm so eager to get to know them more and hear more about their journey.  If you would like to learn more about their story their blog is https://iansheartbeat.wordpress.com and Ian writes his thoughts as well.  Would you please pray for them as Ian is recovering and has many apts. ahead and medications for his body to adjust to.

God is so good and he continues to amaze me by the way he meets us in such beautiful unexpected ways.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just wow! Incredible. I love how God poured out His grace by giving you another family with so many things in common. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete