Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Monday, April 24, 2017

Trying yet again to surrender it all

Being satisfied in God (or anything) always seems easier when all is going well. But when things you love are being stripped out of your hands, then the test is real. If God remains precious in those moments, then his supreme worth shines more brightly. He is most glorified. -John Piper

For those of you who have been following my blog for sometime know what a big John Piper fan I am.  He has been a huge encouragement to me in some of my darkest moments.  He constantly reminds me that it’s not about me, he reminds me that God is not wasting any of my suffering, and he reminds me that God loves to bless his children.  Oh how I need those truths repeated to me over and over and over again.  Why do I need to hear them again and again?  Because we forget.  We retreat inward and we allow ourselves to focus on our circumstances.  we focus on what they are doing to us instead of focusing on what HE is doing through us.  I once again have to make the choice of letting go of control, and fear, and doubt and surrendering it all to the Lord.  It’s not easy but I know the peace and joy that comes when we are fully able to rest in him.  I need your prayers that I will once again be able to do this.


This Thursday I will once again go in for surgery.  My heart is getting weaker and the doctors feel like the best plan is to put in a subcutaneous Defibrillator.  So that is the plan.  Our biggest prayer is for a successful surgery with no unexpected surprises.  My heart went through some stress after my last surgery and we are praying that the Lord would protect my heart.  Would you all say a prayer for Jason as he watches his wife once again get wheeled away for surgery.  pray that the Lord would meet him in the sweetest ways.  Pray for our kids that they wouldn’t feel anxious but would rest in knowing that the Lord is watching over their mom.  I’m filled up knowing that in the days leading up to surgery when I’m feeling depleted you all are lifting us up. Thank you for that.  You all don’t know what a gift that really is.

1 comment:

  1. Melody- I just read back over almost every blog as the hours passed taking me back to 2013 where my weary eyes needed rest. I wanted to get caught up. It's just been too many years and too many details passed on and hard to keep up. And hard to endure as a family member who loves you. Your a miracle, a truth to many things as proof to many things. It is amazing how you accept this and utilize the benefits as your chosen. You live to teach. Your suffering is in turn a gift unspoken in words to many that anticipate your progress and pray for you within your own prayers. I want to say I am sorry for not having been there as much as others. It now makes me sad that part of growing up is growing a part. It is inevitable and common as lives take courses of their own. It has been hard along the way to hear and to feel and to never let you know I care very much and think of you so often. I assumed your too busy and have too many others that I would not make as much a difference to you. I am sorry. I feel terrible. Maybe others in our family share the same. I boldly wanted to apologize and catch up in all of this. In reading a whole lot of your posts, a lot comes up for me. They are thought provoking. They are raw and they are beautiful. I am so thankful to have known that you are so blessed in so many ways. That you have come through so many levels and challenges with such victory and magnitude. You are that extension of that power that is God. You make everyone stop and realize, remember and become awestruck as your own temple be the light that outshines darkness. You combat the odds, you keep stronger as your body becomes weak. Your heart, your true heart within your soul~not the physical heart, is undeafeated and conquers EVERY battle. So for this, your going to keep the impressive pace and continue to be the one to show us all. I will pray for you, for your fears, your husband and children and their fears, your doctors and the steady hand of your surgeons, your new addition and badge of honor as you continue to soldier on, the recovery, your transitioning, your success and your future. If I can be of any help please, I know it's been a while, but I would love to help you in whatever way you may need. Please, ask, if you need, I have a flexible schedule that allows me a lot. Let me know. And keep writing. It's good therapy. Not just for you but for us all. I love you Melody..

    Cousin
    Deana

    ReplyDelete