Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Our Newest Family Member

I would like to introduce you all to the newest member of our Family “Dawson”  






Dawson is a Golden Lab. Yep you guessed it he is part Golden retriever and part Lab.  Here is a brief description from our new boy.

I am one of those dogs that loves to work! I like to play too and cuddle for hours in the humans laps. I know the difference though for when its time to work and when its time to play. My trainers worked hard on teaching me this important detail.  I am really excited to take all of the training I have had and put it to good use for my special person. I know all of my easy tasks (trainers call them basic) and I know the hard ones especially for smart service dogs! I can turn on/off lights, open/close doors, push buttons, get my vest, retrieve items, brace, the list goes on and on. Pretty cool! I am very proud of how hard I have been working and I can tell my trainer is too! It makes me so excited to know that even though I am ending one part of my journey at the ranch, I am really just starting my BIG journey with my person. I will love my person so very much! I hope to meet you soon!  Love, Dawson

We will start our training in a few weeks at the Little Angels Ranch in San Diego.  The second week of our training we will be able to take Dawson home. YAY!  This is super exciting and such an answer to not only our prayers but many of yours as well.

We want to thank everyone who has been on this journey with us for the last two years. Wow! Can you believe it’s been two years. Many of you have contributed financially through fundraising, donations, your time, and prayers.  We really can’t thank you enough.  I’m so excited for you all to see and meet this sweet dog and for you to see him at work helping to make our lives a little bit sweeter.


Look for more training updates and lots more pictures in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting Melody! I can't wait to tell my boys..ever since that Jog-A-Thon they have been asking if you had your dog yet! And I enjoyed finding out his name:) Dawson,so cute! Very happy for you and rejoicing in this answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how thrilling! So long awaited! He will be such an important part of the family! Is Hannah over the moon??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad Dawson is comin' home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celebration boogies over here!!!!!! We can’t wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete