Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day Of School






Today was our official first day back to school. I say official because we have been doing some school work over the summer but nothing structured. I Love making a big deal out of the first day. I served homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast and woke the kids up to some fun music. Then it was off to get dressed and get there chores done. Jonah was super excited to be able to do the file system this year(sorta like work boxes)he couldn't wait to do every task. I hope he is this eager all year. Noah had a good first day but I forgot how hard it is for him when you are not specific with times and details. He is very Type A and likes to have the day layed out for him so he knows what to expect :) I will be sure to cover that tomorrow :) We celebrated with a fun dinner and dessert to end the day. I will take the traditional backpack pics infront of the door on there first day of co-op and then some more on there first day of friday school. So many firsts i gotta make sure I get them all :). As for Miss Hannah she was my TA for the day and kept busy playing playdough, coloring and anything else that would keep her occupied long enough.

2 comments:

  1. Happy first day to your cute crew!!! Blessings the whole year long!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you make a big deal out of the first day! We had a friend who hosted an ice cream social for us home schoolers a few years ago - too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete