Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Waiting in Hope

It's Marla again.  Mel asked me to update regarding her appointment today while she tried to get her mind OFF of it in Balboa.

Some disappointing news.  After thinking that she would receive a hopeful diagnosis today, she was met with more waiting.  No sure diagnosis, and more tests.  They did, however, let her know that they discovered a gene mutation that could lead to a diagnosis.  The next step was to test Noah and Jonah (those tests were done today).  If Noah ends up testing positive and Jonah negative, then they will most likely have a diagnosis for Mel - Laing Distal Myopathy.  They will find out the results of Noah and Jonah's blood tests on September 19 and go from there.  It sounds like this diagnosis fits Noah's cardiomyopathy well.

So, in light of this news, please pray specifically that Noah's test would come back positive and that Jonah's test would come back negative.  Please also pray for the whole family (especially Mel) in this newest waiting period.  Pray that they would be able to wait in hope - knowing more and more deeply that their hope (and all of our hope as well) is not in a good diagnosis or even a sure diagnosis, but that our hope rests securely in the Alpha and the Omega, in the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, in our Redeemer, Christ, and His finished work on our behalf.

As we wait together with the Lietzau family during this time, let's not wait passively or try to distract ourselves until September 19.  Let's fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfector of our faith, and daily plead before the throne of God, trusting that he is accomplishing and will continue to accomplish his GOOD plans for this family.  And let's choose to trust that he still hears and answers prayer and loves to accomplish his work through the prayers of his children.

Let the words of this song by Walt Harrah help you as you pray for the Lietzau family this week...

Unto you, O Lord, I cry for help
I lay my requests before your throne
I wait in hope
Now let your will and purpose be known

Calm my anxious thoughts, and still my heart
Til peace like a river floods my soul
I wait in hope
Relinquishing my need to control

Lead me in the way of righteousness
And straighten the path marked out for me
I wait in hope
My faith is placed in your sovereignty

1 comment: