Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Monday, February 4, 2013

A Makeover

I decided after two years that my blog needed a little makeover :)  I hope you like it.  After talking to the nutritionist on Tuesday, we found out that the diet Noah will be on won't be as drastic as we had anticipated.  He will need to cut down on his sodium and sugar but nothing we wont be able to handle. He was pretty happy to hear that.  We have however been enjoying cooking and eating foods that are all natural and do not have any preservatives.  One of my favorite food blogs that I have found helpful is  www.100daysofrealfood.com  It is so great!  She has great recipes, advice, shopping lists, and menu plans. I would love any advice or favorite meal ideas.  Do you all have a favorite local farmers market that you love?  We have been making lots of smoothies.  We even cooked some organic beets and sliced them up.  If you add them to a berry smoothie the kids can't tell and the berries hide the taste. Shhh don't tell my kids :)  The problem with all this healthy cooking is that two of us in this family need to gain weight and this doesn't help unless we double our calorie intake and eat every hour.  I know I know not a bad problem to have :)

We have not gotten the results back yet from Noah's heart tests.  He continues to have more and more episodes.  Please pray that God would sustain him until he gets his new heart.  We are thankful for all of you and your faithfulness to pray and support our family.  Your comments have been such an encouragement to us.

1 comment:

  1. I ADORE your new blog! Beautiful!!! I will check out the blog you suggested. I am really wanting to go clean with our eating. Just researching right now. XOXO

    ReplyDelete