Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Monday, March 23, 2015

A Hard Goodbye

On my last post I mentioned a beautiful Woman Kara Tippets.  She is the author of The Hardest Peace and writes on a blog called Mundane Faithfulness.  This past Sunday she has gone to be with the Lord. Kara had stage 4 breast cancer that had spread throughout her entire body. She fought a long and hard battle and never wasted a single second of her cancer or an opportunity to share what Christ was doing in the midst of her suffering.  I looked forward to reading her blog posts on a daily basis and was always so surprised that she had the strength and the emotional capacity to write.  Kara wouldn't have it any other way.  She was determined to fight through her battle and to bring others along.  This woman has impacted my life so much and I know hundreds of others.  While I'm sad that she doesn't get to enjoy anymore time hugging her husband, kiddos, and many friends who held her hand through this journey.  I smile knowing that Kara is free from pain and suffering and in the arms of her precious Savior. Kara was kingdom focused living a life with life after death in mind.  Oh how I long for that to be my story. http://www.mundanefaithfulness.com/home/2015/3/6/kara-tippetts-documentary Please keep this dear family in your prayers.  I pray that Kara's story would have a lasting impact on her children and steer them on to share with others how their mom  lived and loved well for the glory of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment