Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Saying Goodbye

This weekend we gathered with family and friends and said goodbye to a wonderful man. Jason's grandfather went to be with the Lord Friday November 23.  I had the privilege of knowing Harold for sixteen years. He was a great man.   He had such a sweet bond with my kids and they loved there "Grandpa Great".  Noah first started calling him that when he learned how to talk and it just kind of stuck with all the grandkids.

When you go to funerals it really makes you assess your life.  You wonder what kinds of things people will say about you, you wonder how many more funerals you will attend until Jesus comes or calls you home, and you wonder how the person you are grieving is enjoying being in the arms of there savior(if they are saved of coarse) It causes you to pray for those in the room that aren't believers and for the rest of the people in your life that need the Lord.  Funerals are opportunities to celebrate if you know the person is with Jesus after all that is our main goal to be with Jesus for eternity.  We grieve the loss for ourselves but celebrate the victory for our loved one.

It made me think of Noah and how horrible it is that in order for my son to live a little child must be taken. I think about this all the time.  It is one of the worst parts of this process.   I say horrible because I can only imagine the grief and the sadness that will take place.  I also think about what a heroic act the family must make in the midst of such grief.  I'm so thankful that my God has it all planned out and that he assures me all the time that it's for good.  I don't need to try and understand all I need to do is trust.

I long for the day where this is no more pain and no more sorrow.  I long for the day when there are no more funerals, no more tests and no more doctor appointments.  I long to sit at Jesus feet.  I long to be with him for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment