Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Good Week

Sorry it has been awhile since my last update. I have to say it has been nice not having much to report on :) We had a week with no doctor appointments which is a first in a really long time.

Some good reports to share:

Noah has not had an episode of chest pain or his heart hurting in a week.
We got the approval for his treadmill test and will be able to schedule it tomorrow.
I got the approval for my muscle biopsy and that will happen on March 23
Noah has been in great spirits and has learned to deal with his limited activity in a more positive way. We have seen his friends show amazing compassion and are so thankful for them.
Our friends have come along side us in beautiful ways. We seriously feel so completely blessed.

Things to pray for:

Good results from treadmill test and more direction from doctors regarding figuring out Noah's heart issue.
My muscle biopsy. I'm a baby when it comes to needles and I'm very nervous. Pray that they would get some good results from the gene samples that would help them indicate which Dystrophy I may be dealing with.
I have noticed in these last weeks more pain and weakness in my hands and legs. Jason got a new to him car and I had trouble driving it. I have to pull up my legs to step on the gas. These things are hard realizations for me. Pray that I would count my blessings and be thankful for the ways that God is working and using us through this storm. We don't want to lose sight of the bigger picture.


We also had the opportunity to put on an America World Adoption seminar where we had around 48 people attend. It was great to talk with so many people that are eager to start the process of adoption. We had the privilege of hearing from a couple of our dear friends share their adoption journeys and it was beautiful the way the lord spoke to each family in different ways and made himself known throughout their journey. Looking forward to seeing more orphans find forever families where they will not only know the Love of a mother and father but come to know the Love of their heavenly father.

Jonah also started baseball recently and we couldn't be more pleased with his coaches and team. will post more about that in a later blog with super cute pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment