Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Two Down One More to go

Yesterday was my muscle biopsy. For whatever reason I did not expect to be in this much pain. Not sure what I was thinking. I kinda forgot they have to go through like three layers to get to the muscle. I knew it was not going to be a fun procedure. I asked them right away if they could give me something to calm my nerves and they politely said no but allowed me to bring in my ipod. They gave me like 20 shots of numbing juice in my leg no exaggeration. When they were through a few layers I started to feel some pain and they inserted some more numbing juice. Not a fun experience. They could tell I was very nervous so they started asking me questions about my kids. So glad they did because it calmed me down and gave me the opportunity to share Hannah's story and tell them the ways God revealed himself through her story. This made it all worth it. After they were done they helped me down and thats where the pain began. As long as I kept my leg straight and did not tighten the muscle I was good. You quickly realize how much you use certain muscles when you are in a situation like this. We go back in three weeks to hear the results of the biopsy. They took more than they needed so they would not have to do this again(Thank you Jesus). If they do not end up using the extra tissue they will donate it for research. I have a 2 inch incision with stitches that will eventually dissolve. Hopeful for some good results in three weeks. Thanks for all the texts, calls, meals, comments and cards we felt your prayers this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment