Counting Our Blessings

Counting Our Blessings

Monday, January 31, 2011

LOOOOOONG DAY!



What a looooong day! Jason left early this morning for a business trip. I took Hannah to the doctor to get checked out. She was running a fever, bad cough and runny nose. That turned out to be a "it's just a bad cold nothing we can do for her" kind of visit. Jonah had his appointment to see the allergist today. I have been waiting to get into this doctor and did not want to reschedule and wait longer. So I took Hannah with us. Bad mistake. It was like a scene from a movie. After dumping crackers all over the sitting room and office, she proceeded to scream until I let her out of the stroller. Then when I let her out she tried to get into every drawer and thing I did not want her to touch and screamed if I held her. Meanwhile the Doctor is trying to explain that he wants to give my poor son 30 pricks on his back to see what he is allergic to. I was trying to comfort Jonah and keep Hannah from screaming all at the same time. After all the poking and waiting. Jonah's testing came out negative. This now means he has to try a different coarse of nose sprays to rule out non allergy rhinositis(whatever that means) basically I give him nose spray for 4 weeks and if it helps they lower the dose and he stays on it for awhile. If it does not then he goes to the ENT doctor to check out his adnoids. Poor kid would just like to breathe through his nose. I rewarded him and me with some much deserved ice cream.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you got 2 scoops!!!! I'll be praying for a much better day for you and the kiddos tomorrow! Hannah is even darling when she's crying though...just sayin :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is appropriately titled! Way to be brave and push through it. I think those public meltdowns are something every Mom fears. Hope you have a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry things are so hard right now!!! I have had those days at the dr too~ NOT fun! Glad you were able to get an ice cream to enjoy. Praying today is better~ pj day here again today. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a day! I've been there a time or two!!
    I have enjoyed following your blog since AWAA shared it with us! Your little Hannah reminds me SO much for our sweet Kamdynn....especially in this post (Kamdynn has the same cute sweater dress from Target)!
    www.sweetkamdynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete